#1 Uncle Boom

Uncle Boom
  • Ветеран

• Модераторы
  • 157 сообщений

Отправлено 02 Август 2017 - 07:48

20170624132635_1.jpg

Hello everyone.

Most of you know me as Шаста, I am the sometimes controversial English Community Administrator on the ArmStalker PVP server. I am here today to talk to everyone in our community with an interest in this Public PVP server about it's future. For a long time there have been some issues that we cannot hide from. Some of these have been regarding the server side development itself - and some having to do with the communication and expectation of the Team and the Players. Even the Administrators and server staff seem to be on different pages...

I'm writing this in the spirit of the Project itself, the incredibly unique and inspiring modification, and it's community - who many agree has seen much brighter days in the past. I have watched over the last 8 months, how many of our most memorable players from the RP have left the project. Other players were not able to step into the roles, and the complaints of the newbies have jaded the team into a tough position. Some of our guys even rose to become Jr RP Curators and RP Curators, only to leave the project due to small issues that I feel could be easily avoided... Maybe I have not been told all of the details - so I will focus on the future here in this post.

I am not here to push for my agenda, rather to open the discussion for people to weigh in on how they would like to see the server change and why. I will offer my observations to start, and also some ideas that I was talking about today with some of the PVP players in the Teamspeak, and also since the opening of the server itself.

The Team once said that they would be recruiting players to the RP from the PVP server. Personally I have not been aware of any instances of this at all since the server opened around May. If anything - players were encouraged to apply in the next set, and not given any recognition for the good games they participated in during their time on the PVP server. I feel this is a HUGE missed opportunity, that many of our players would have been willing to try the RP, but simply did not have the drive after weeks of play on the PVP. I felt that these players did not know what they were missing, after all it is up to them what game they play, but with such an awesome server just next door, it is hard to see them walk away without the chance to try it.

I feel like many of the players on the PVP have been expecting a "Lite RP", rather than the melee design of the server. Some features of the stores and the mechanics of selling the patches - seem to lead us to think that, there was a design for a "lite RP" environment in the process of the PVP server's development. I think that there are some numbers needed regarding how many players want to see this kind of large scale change in the server - but personally I think some very small changes might help the gameplay of the PVP if nothing else. Recently, if you can believe it, I was told that Team Killing is "ok" - from one of the guys I work with... It's in the rules as far as I know - Teamkilling is NOT allowed on the PVP server. We either need some rules redacted or some assistance in punishing the teamkillers - regarding this situation I feel there is no other alternative. The Team needs to be unified , and have a SOLID standard for the public players in their server, because as it stands - I can't enforce these rules.

20170724131632_1.jpg

I think there are some changes that could be made to the server, if indeed people would rather have a "Lite RP" environment. Things that a English community player mentioned was a "Rules" overlay that would show the main server rules for a few seconds when joining. Hardly anyone reads the rules, Russian players or English Players, so this would really help - even if it was only in one language or the other. Some more ideas are bigger development issues - such as Buying membership to a faction, spawning as a Loner only to start - allowing the most developed players to enjoy the various factions and bases as spawn points. This are just some basic ideas but - I am trying to think of ways to allow a more Public friendly Environment that stands on it's own - rather than the melee free for all we have now.

Reply with your comments and suggestions. The team may ultimately decide not to go with any more development on the server for any amount of time - so I don't expect that this conversation will mean that things will change. However, if we talk about the possibilities, maybe someone would take some inspiration from us. We need the Admins to be on the same page, and rules that are well communicated to the players. The rules need to be upheld, and bans need to be respected by ALL members of our team - at very least.

Kind Regards, Шаста

• Brut22Rus, Cobra, Физматик и 2 другим это нравится

forumsig1.jpg

#2 Zyrus19

Zyrus19
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 3 сообщений

Отправлено 07 Август 2017 - 12:42

My first idea was that there would be some sort of RP Rules or something and a big overwatch from admins sides, but the amount of players would make this idea break down. Then there could be some sort of whitelist in teamspeak: People join the teamspeak, get to talk to someone, they get links for rules, they get questioned, if they fail, they can try to get listed for teamspeak again after a while. Or maybe just get some local hardcore players of the server which are known to everyone and ask them how to really set up something, because I got one russian friend we always go around as monolith to prypjat and are searching for artifacts so we rather not shoot onto people and do the hardcore war thingy, this is possible because the area around monolith base is some kind of a non monolith "Safe" area because of the radiation and the bloodsuckers around the base. Or we just need to get some rdm rules but that would be no pvp server anymore I think? My main target at the moment would be talking to the local active players and ask them what could help, so to all people reading this post above me, please give us your suggestions.

Если вы прочтете это сообщение выше этого комментария, отправьте свои собственные мысли.

Greets from Zyrus.Привет от Zyrus.

#3 Zyrus19

Zyrus19
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 3 сообщений

Отправлено 08 Август 2017 - 02:01

Shasta forget that shit i wrote above, you already had some sort of thread opened in suggesting things, but I would say we just say this : Shasta: "My Opinion: A second role play server is much more valuable to the world. Even if it is just a second Russian Role Play server."

#4 Zyrus19

Zyrus19
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 3 сообщений

Отправлено 08 Август 2017 - 02:01

http://armstalker.co...-pvepvp-server/ <-- even this shows a similar topic.

#5 Uncle Boom

Uncle Boom
  • Ветеран

• Модераторы
  • 157 сообщений

Отправлено 12 Август 2017 - 09:35

My first idea was that there would be some sort of RP Rules or something and a big overwatch from admins sides, but the amount of players would make this idea break down. Then there could be some sort of whitelist in teamspeak: People join the teamspeak, get to talk to someone, they get links for rules, they get questioned, if they fail, they can try to get listed for teamspeak again after a while. Or maybe just get some local hardcore players of the server which are known to everyone and ask them how to really set up something, because I got one russian friend we always go around as monolith to prypjat and are searching for artifacts so we rather not shoot onto people and do the hardcore war thingy, this is possible because the area around monolith base is some kind of a non monolith "Safe" area because of the radiation and the bloodsuckers around the base. Or we just need to get some rdm rules but that would be no pvp server anymore I think? My main target at the moment would be talking to the local active players and ask them what could help, so to all people reading this post above me, please give us your suggestions.

Если вы прочтете это сообщение выше этого комментария, отправьте свои собственные мысли.

Greets from Zyrus.Привет от Zyrus.

Talking to players happens all the time. The ones who care - come here.

Forums were designed for a reason, primarily that Phone calls were too limited and too time intensive. There was no record of them, and no way that others could listen, understand all of what is said, and respond on their own. Then there is the factor of Time - that with a live conversation - you have to BE live, there to hear it. There is no ability for people in future moments to see a record of what happened. What? Are we gonna take down notes while we talk to 40 - 50 players at a time, in TEAMSPEAK interviews? Is that what you are suggesting here??

Fact is - if people don't come here and share their opinions, it is not worth the time to ask them. Players who want to be HEARD come HERE. THIS is where we compile ALL of the meaningful posts about the Project from our Community of Players and Perspective players.

Public players are not here to serve the team, they are the pure benefactors of this environment. You, and many others, have demonstrated how serious you believe that you should be taken. You are wrong Cyrus, you are not immediately worth anyone's time just because you are here, and believe it or not - you are not worth anyone's time just because you believe you were wronged in the Server - either.

The rest of whatever you are talking about seems to be written in a hurry, or as an afterthought. If you are going to Quote me, please don't Quote MINE me.

I said (regarding my opinion of the PVP server at the time):

"My Opinion:

A second role play server is much more valuable to the world. Even if it is just a second Russian Role Play server.

I don't like the players sitting afk for hours in the public server, I don't like the attitude of players, it is simply a beautiful and impressive waste of an amazing mod on an ungrateful public who only ever wants more from a team that is literally doing the impossible - everyday.

I have no doubt that in a week's time I could have leaders for the Primary 5 factions, and I have at least a dozen offers from around my contacts for help with many aspects of administration. ... I hope the team do not waste another MINUTE on this Public server - and instead encourage players to get more involved, and to build the future of our English Role Play community.

We have all we need to do it - if we could only get into a server and play together."

I encourage you to take your time, Cyrus, to learn about the Community, and to cultivate your empathy - along with a healthy sense of shame. You are incredibly privileged in regard to this Project - you have had it your way, on your terms, all along. You speak Russian, which is fantastic, because regarding you being involved in the English side of this project - I FIRMLY decline your offers and I think the team would be making a huge mistake to consider you for any role here in the staff of this project - at ANY point in your time with us.

These posts you made embody my feelings - you are in such a hurry to write your recommendations and ideas, even alluding to other topics as if they have any relevance - then to plaster a quick snip of what I wrote in a highlighted section of a page long post to support your argument... which.... apparently is that you don't like the PVP server either.

Neato.

This is what I meant when I called you manipulative. You are VERY willing to use ANY means at your disposal to serve YOUR whim - at any given point. Here you want to be heard, apparently, that is your whim... So you post 3 times, once saying to "forget the shit [you] wrote", and substitute it with a cherry-picked quote from me. You must have no self awareness at all. Unlike other people who have recently been kicked out of the RP Teamspeak just for sitting quietly while American (Thanks Шериф) - YOU go there and bring back the Brass, to act as both complainant and translator in an issue that did nothing but stall you a few seconds. You go there with the most PETTY concerns, and you are Blanketed and BOTTLED, meanwhile decent people who don't speak Russian are given administrative dismissal, for sitting quietly waiting their turn.

... My point is - You don't like the PVP server dude? Cool. You need to join the Russian Community - YOUR Community - on the RP server, you have no business posting here unless you have a point to make. You have long since worn out your welcome with me.

Your idea was barely coherent, disrespectful of people's TIME in their LIVES - to suggest we perform individual TEAMSPEAK interviews with people - about a video game let me remind you - or.... to create rules against RDM in a PVP server .... What are you even thinking? OH - I seem to remember that somehow you actually LACK confidence to write a Квента in Russian Language? Amazing that you think to waste hours now of my time - personally - while you have how many friends? How many Staff have you met now? How many Russian speakers might help you get whitelisted and into the Russian RP Community (god help us all on the RP server if you do actually play there)....

(I'm saying all this to make a point) - please - slow down, THINK before you write - THINK before you speak - THINK before you react - be TRUTHFUL - Stop thinking you are the smartest kid in the Room... And THINK about Other People who will be doing this work. Because I cannot imagine how you plan to be taken serious at all posting like this.

forumsig1.jpg

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных