#1 Uncle Boom

Uncle Boom
  • Ветеран

• Модераторы
  • 167 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 04:18

20170907151514_1.jpg

Aloha Everyone,

How do players feel about a second RP server?

How does the Team feel about a server with the same mission file, with a database of it's own, seperate from the RP server?

Often I have thought of this idea... maybe to have a lower requirement for registration - maybe even just the outline of a character, different Rules (many PVP red zones)... but to have all the same features of the RP server, i.e. current version, same multiplayer mission, and some RP recruitment and requirements to join the factions there.

Could it be possible?

Players want to have responsibility, and they want PVP, and they are not playing in the PVP server. Recently I see only the same 20 or so names, and the international players there are somewhat sad to see the basic nature of the server itself. I think that with little effort - we could save our Team some work updating the PVP server, and we could bring more people into a game that will be much more in line with the design of ArmStalker online. Right now I see that sometimes the RP can suffer from too many events happening at once, hurting performance during high population times... A second server would allow more flexibility for the staff. Places to train them, and a realistic environment for them to learn. The server has enough slots, but the performance is suffering noticeably, and meanwhile we have a server sitting almost completely empty. Why not use the same mission and assign some of our guys here to the second server, with some different Rules?

20171008093015_1.jpg

This would also give the serious role players a place to play. Here we could create a server for players who want more independence and open gunplay in the Zone, while allowing them to lead groups, create drama, and to experience what our Mod is about; maybe they would not be able to have such deep RP, but they would have a safe and serious ArmStalker Official server to go to if they ever wanted it. As it is, I feel that the RP suffers from some problems we wouldn't have if people could try out the Lite RP before moving to the Serious Server.

We are a Community, and the Administration need to flex some determination and decisive action to keep our Community in good health. Sitting and listening is nice, but ultimately - WE are the ones to drive the community. Let's decide what we are going to do with this PVP server!

How do you think? What do the Team have to say about it?

What do we need to do it? Is it possible?

We are at a time when the PVP is certainly in decline, and we can stand to use it to gain more support for the project if we change it a bit. I have more to say about the administration of this server, and many other aspects of the design of the game there - but I want to hear from our Team and Fans of the project more about it. I already have one or two, maybe more, who would help with the work, juggling the skins, and helping carry the weight for our team. In time - we would have more, and more Russian speakers I'm sure.

I would be very happy to help with any and all tasks that the Team feel I would be fit to complete in regards to this effort of creating a new Arm of our Thriving Community.

I think many players would support this idea.

Share your replies, Lets talk about the future. I think we can have more for our fans without much more work for our team, and give people more control over how they want to play.

20170912121137_1.jpg

• Sandro это нравится

forumsig1.jpg

#2 dak

dak
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 1 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 04:56

i support it! i would be down to help with anything it needed as well. i think a second RP type server would be fantastic, for several reasons, like to help with overflow, strain, etc. majority of the PVP community that do play on the server, play it like a somewhat RP, but its in decline sadly, i watched it most of the day. handful here and there, last i looked it was 1 to 0 on it. i really think a second RP would see a lot more traffic and be more beneficial with the weekly registrations. i think it really worth considering and thinking about. couldnt hurt to try it   -Dak

• Uncle Boom это нравится

#3 Sigmnt

Sigmnt
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 3 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 19:39

Rp for english speaking i can say one thing about it BIG  FAT 'YES'.  i would recommend ditch lite just go full.

#4 Sandro

Sandro
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 7 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 19:53

The idea is GREAT! i believe that second LITE RP sever would work out just fine . It would be a win-win  for everybody . newcomers will have much more insight about what this project is all about + if they become interested they will have more awesome-interesting  training ground. This on its terms will attract more and more peoples attention,and i want to underline that it will also attract more and more westerners.wast majority of western stalkers  do NOT even  know this kind of project exists and that it welcomes ALL who are interested.

As of now PVP server seems too "dead" and this kind of change might bring more opportunity to the project. I am 100% in on this idea and am willing to help out -sandro 'cha cha'

#5 Uncle Boom

Uncle Boom
  • Ветеран

• Модераторы
  • 167 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 20:20

Well the International Corps has spoken. ))

Thanks so much for your support, Daka, Sigmnt, and ChaCha - you guys are some great folks to have here and I am always happy to play with such people, it is rare to find people like you guys!

I wont mix words, the more international (especially American) players we get - the more that our Russian RP will pay the price with FPS. Since I am responsible for attracting some attention to us from the West - and since we are looking at getting only more Western players - I think a second RP would be the best move.

Also the updates - updating the PVP has to be a chore for Romzet and the Team. Any time I go to the server it is non-stop requests for me to spawn things, and the issues with the exploits are really lame. I know our team wouldn't mind to have more events, and we could run it with a separate database - with nothing carrying from one server to the other... and players could be whitelisted on either one.

The idea of more PVP red zones on this server would attract some from the RP, and also many from the public as well. Many players have left the PVP due to the fact it can get unbalanced and somewhat dry - but a white listed RP with many Red PVP free for all zones - and some more combat friendly rules - would really appeal to them.

On the other hand, many many players don't WANT a strict RP, they want to shoot and feel danger - and they will not apply to our RP server. These players want more important gameplay too - factions, rich dynamics, RP curators and events... but we really can't do it on a public server with safe zones and a totally different economy. The economy on the PVP essentially make money useless... I think that many advanced players feel the same way as we do.

I like the suggestion to call a meeting with the players of the PVP server - anyone could show their support and make some suggestions.

The whole reason for this suggestion is to lighten the effort of the updates, to better utilize the server, and to make players happy - in order to see participation in the Project keep growing in new ways.

Thanks for the support guys!

• Sandro это нравится

forumsig1.jpg

#6 Austron

Austron
  • Новичок

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 2 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Октябрь 2017 - 20:55

I agree with it. Another "Yes"

#7 Uncle Boom

Uncle Boom
  • Ветеран

• Модераторы
  • 167 сообщений

Отправлено 11 Октябрь 2017 - 22:53

So

many times in the past I have been making posts or recommending changes to the servers just before the team announce updates or change the very same area that I think need attention... this time is no different!

There is a pending update to the PVP server, which, while might not be what I had hoped - definately seems like a refreshing change of pace and a new angle. ArmWESTLANDS (not to be confused with the popular game mode for Arma 3 "Wasteland")

All that is left is to see where this takes us!

Thanks for chiming in guys, sorry if I wasted our time again :rolleyes:

• Sigmnt это нравится

forumsig1.jpg

Темы с аналогичным тегами PVP server

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных